The 20th AeroCom / 9th AeroSAT workshops 2021
will be held as virtual web meeting (due to COVID-19)
Oct 11-15, 2021
Registration and submission for contributions (on this website)
is open until August 31, 2021.
key AeroCom/AeroSAT topics at this year's workshop are
- Update on AeroCom and AeroSAT
- Recent decadal aerosol trends and RF (model and observations)
- Aerosol cloud interactions
- Constraining aerosol properties and aerosol typing (beyond OPAC)
- Processes in dust, maritime aerosol, wildfire and smoke
- Challenges in deriving (global PM) air quality from satellites
- Challenges in aerosol modeling from CMIP6 and other activities
With your registration you are invited to submit requests for
main (15 slides) contributions (give title and abstract) and/or
minor (5 slide 'poster') contributions (give title and abstract).
(please reregister in case of many contributions, as only one
contribution is accepted with a registration)
expect a program by mid-September 2021.
info of last year's (2020) meeting can be found are
presentations of the most recent and all previous
meetings can be accessed via the AeroCom website
The primary objective of AeroCom meetings is to share and participate in efforts
to untangle the complexity in bottom-up aerosol component modules
in global modeling. Better process understanding is addressed through either
common experiments with harmonized input, assumptions and parameterizations
or data constraints from observations. The data aspect is also the major reason
to co-locate AeroCom and AeroSAT for exchange on data potential and data needs.
The primary purpose of the AeroSAT meeting is to assess the state-of-the-art
of satellite aerosol retrievals and products, brainstorm ideas, and develop
consensus as much as possible. AeroSAT is designed as a meeting of experts.
So, as is our practice, the meeting format will feature brief overview talks on
key issues, occasional updates on specific new developments, chairperson-
presented discussion points, and ample time for discussion, Thus, presentations
on individual scientific work are deferred to poster-presentations.
Oral seed presentations at the start of each session are by invitation
- to provide a broader overview
- to introduce new approaches and
- to stimulate subsequent discussions on related issues and challenges